18 Jun 2012

Children aren't monsters (more or less)

So today I volunteered to help out at my school library, doing a work shop with some primary school kids, and part of this involved marking a cardboard monster. I had one of the kids writing down some facts about the monster, for when we would  present it to the rest of the group, and at some point she asked "Where does the monster live?" So, being the good persona I am, I tried to get the kids involved in thinking up places where a monster might lives, and the first kid that pipped up went "A cave of emotion!"
Naturally, my response to this was "Great! So where is the cave?"
This was followed up with a second kid saying "Um... Birmingham?"

And that's the story of how I came to not hate children as much as I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment