18 Sept 2012

The Gym

I've joined a gym.

I say joined... been to.
I say gym... collection of tatty weights and treadmills in the attic of the school sports dept.

But I've been twice (With JW) which makes it official. I go to a gym now. More or less.
The first week was honest-to-god terrifying. When we got there, there were already a couple of girls doing cardio, both who are known as being kind of fitness freaks. Still, we did our stretching, and hopped on the cross trainers, did twenty minutes, hopped off, stretched, did some weights. Enormous sense of self-gratification.
The next week was also honest-to-god terrifying. This is due to Boys being there. Boys are scary. Anyways, they were skittering around doing 'weight lifting' (they weren't very good). I don't know them very well, so I automatically went into 'I must be better than them' mode. By the time they left, I had done 20 minutes on the cross trainer, 20 minutes on the treadmill, 50 curls with 5kg, 40 lunges with 5kg and had got my forehead to touch my knees with my legs straight.
I nearly fell asleep in my next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment