10 Oct 2012

It's Not Actually Dreaming If You're Awake And Not Drunk

So quite often I end up going into way too much detail about a dream that I had the night before,  to any friends who were apparently in said dream. 

Most of the time this is a downright lie. See, I daydream like, a lot, and my daydreams are always really interesting/funny/weird, so I feel a need to share them. However I also feel that if I go up to someone and say "I was sat in the library the other day and totally daydreamed that we ran away to Peru together and ended up adopting three children and living in a tree house." they will probably just back away and hope I don't know where they live.

BUT, if I say it was a dream (the kind you have when you're asleep), due to the fact that it was my subconscious creating the whole scenario, it resolves me of any creepy weirdness, and thus I escape without being labeled as a pedo. So quite often I end up telling people about these weird day dreams I have, but saying it was a night time dream. Even though it's probably just as creepy either way.

For example, I just got out of the bath, and I had a daydream that HB was talking to me about her media coursework, and ended up taking a photo of me, naked in the bath, and showing it to our media group. I would like to point out that this isn't entirely unlikely. Also, be flattered HB. The only person who has ever had the privilege hard luck to see me in the bath is CB. 

Normally I tell HB about this tomorrow, but say it was a dream instead. Now I'm going to face up to me demons, and tell her it was actually just a daydream. 
Not face to face, christ, what's wrong with you. I'm just going to tweet this to her and hope she doesn't stab me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment